7.02.2009

Childhood Memories: Video Games

Video games was/is a huge addiction and stress reliever for me:
  • The first thing I remember playing was a friend's old Coleco-vision and my cousin's Vetrex system.
  • My next door neighbor had an Apple IIe.
  • My first real system was an Atari 2600. I had Star Wars, Combat (classic game), Breakout (another classic), spiderman, pac-man. One time I thought it would have been amusing to wrap the AC adapter with bare copper wire and plug it into the outlet. I'm surprised that the stupidity of my action didn't kill me, the Atari, or the house.
  • I had a Commodore 64 and 128. My favorites were Ghostbusters, Burnin Rubber, Spin Dizzy, Super Boulderdash, Leaderboard, and Bruce Lee. The only crappy thing about it was the systems kept breaking down frequently.
  • I had the original NES. I must have played every single game on that sucker as possible. I had a list I wrote down on construction paper of every single game I beat (yes...I am a dork). I used to keep every single box of each game I owned.
  • Still remember the Konami Code - Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start :) Shows you what muscle memory can do for you :)
  • For the NES, I still remember my favs: 1)SMB 1-3 2)Castlevania 1-3 3)Contra, Super C 4) Mega Man 1 to ... 5)TMNT 6)Bad Dudes 7)Double Dragon 1-3 8)Super Dodge Ball 9)River City Ransom 10)Tecmo Bowl 11)720 12)LifeForce 13)Blaster Master 14)Dragon Ball Z 15)Track and Field II 16)Bases Loaded 17)Batman 18)Battletoads 19) A Boy and His Blob 20)Duck Tails 21)Flying Warriors 22)G.I Joe 23)Double Dribble 24)Wizards and Warriors 25)Legend of Zelda 1-2 26)Little Nemo 27)Metal Storm 28)Mike Tyson's Punch Out 29)Ninja Gaiden 1-3 30)R.C. Pro Am 31)Rush n' Attack
  • I even had that really dumb Power Glove for the NES. It looked like the coolest thing, but so hard to use.
  • The only reason I went to the mall was for Roy Rogers and of course the arcades. My favorite was of course Street Fighter II. I remember going between Woodbridge Mall and Livingston Mall.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... good memory... yes Bad Dudes and Super Dodge Ball!! Can't forget River City. Wow that's a lot of stuff I didn't know about your family. I remember parents always playing mahjong and staying up late... and kicking your uncle in the nuts. I forgot which one though. Any having nerf wars in your hallway/stairs to he upper floor and other toys... plastic bowling pins.. transformers... wresting with your cousin joey, Al, you and I. Your cousin that lived with you... what was his name.. Kendie? What is he up to these days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure it was my Uncle Paul you kicked in the nuts at Joe's house. Kendy is the cousin who lived with us for a while. He actually lives near Baltimore and is doing well. Works for the companies that provide security for a few NFL teams.

    Don't forget that game where we would point at each other and go "Jeuw Jeuw" like Transformers/Go-Bots.

    ReplyDelete