7.24.2009

Childhood memories: School

For some reason, I will more often than not have a dream which puts me back in school...and usually it in the middle of some strange exam and I'll have no idea how to answer the questions. Anyway...it reminded me about putting some stuff down so I don't forget.

K: Mrs. Gentess, Mr. Nuggent (gym...and later my bowling coach)
1st: Ms. Ciobin
3rd: Mrs. Gober
4th: Mrs. Rosser
5th: Mrs. Kanas
6th: Mr. Zurka, Mr. Petras (Math), Mr. Allen (Science), Ms. Chaplin (English)
7-8th: blur...Mr. Arminio (English), Mr. Shanahan (English), Mr. Freedman (History)
UHS: Mr. Jeski (History/Driver's Ed/Bowling Coach), , Ms. Sharp(Math), Ms. Fiengold (English), Mr. Carmello (Art), Frau Glowacki (German), Mr. Gallo (Hobby Electronics), Mrs. Williams (Gym)

What I remember:
  • Playing 4 squares at Central Six was the best.
  • When I went to UHS...I was offered to do a project helping out my old Kindergarten teacher with evening science projects for younger students. Was great!
  • I was fully embarassed by my bowling coach (Mr. Nuggent) by presenting me a trophy in the middle of English Class.
  • I was asleep most of the time as a senior in High School.
  • I remember my friend Jon Zois telling me to stop starring at the cheerleaders during a pep-rally.
  • I kicked some one in the tenders when I was in 1st grade because he wouldn't give me a kickball during recess...I was really quite sorry.
  • I first learned to juggle in High School that in a club that my friend Chris Visco started. His nickname was "Sideshow Bob" because he had hair like the character from the simpsons.
  • I remember my 6th grade music teach took her Guns 'N Roses poster off the wall due to the cussing fiasco on an awards show. They are the reason why awards shows are on a delay today.
  • I won a talent show in high school as a blue belt. I used the music "Workaholic" from 2-Unlimited...so bad. I did double chux back then and attached glow sticks to the end of them. They were so long I knocked my glasses off my face mid performance. Then my friend Tuong Phan (RIP) and I broke boards on Fire. He decided that putting hair spray on his hand was a good idea...it was not.
  • I vividly remember two of my best reports. The first one was a report on cats...I got an A on it...(random memory)...the poem in the back of it was "The Cats of Killkeny". My second fav was a book report on "Farenheit 451". I cut out the shape of a flame on the report cover and then I got a bit more creative. The first idea (dumb) is I untwisted a bare metal paper clip, hung it on my tiny halogen light bulb to get it hot enough to burn the edges of the paper. Unfortunately I didn't realize how hot it would get and burned my fingers in the process...it left an impression on my fingers for like a month. I wised up and then put the paper over the stove and it had a browning effect on the paper (Parental Supervision of course). I came out really well.

1 comment:

  1. What was the name of your Chem teacher who said "No frizzies!"
    I remember driving you to AP Biology early in the morning and listening to Z100's prank phone calls. They were really funny.
    That Farhenheit 451 book cover turned out very well. I remember passing your room and hearing "ouch! ouch!"

    ReplyDelete